Because I had been vocal in my media interviews and in my blogs about the body language of Kate Gosselin and her verbally abusive behavior towards Jon and her kids, I was sent a review copy of KATE GOSSELIN: HOW SHE FOOLED THE WORLD – The Rise And Fall of a Reality TV Queen http://www.amazon.com/KATE-GOSSELIN-FOOLED-WORLD-REALITY-ebook/dp/B00L774BFA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1403479276&sr=8-4&keywords=Kate+gosselin+how+she+fooled+the+world
I have always said I am not a Kate hater. I am merely a reporter of newsmakers communication and body language. And I reported some very TOXIC things I saw with Kate Gosselin.
At first I didn’t want to read this book. I felt I learned all I needed to know about Kate from watching her body language on the TLC shows, including parts of the recent special she did. In that special I saw her Toxic sadism as she kicked a ball towards Mady to the repercussions of that hostile act where Mady refused to forgive her.
I also saw the lasting effects of Kate’s years of verbal abuse on Mady which we all saw on previous shows. Now Mady has poor self esteem as she put herself down and showed visible signs depression. We also saw Cara as a verbal cripple where she was afraid to utter a word around her Toxic mother.
As I made the decision to finally to read the book I wondered if there would be anything new in the book that a. I didn’t already know and b. if there was anything in it that Kate’s lawyers would use to sue this author Robert Hoffman.
Turns out, while there were many things I did know based on my observations, there were things I did not know which both shocked and disgusted me. One of those things was Kate’s physical abuse of her children and her sadistic abuse of the dogs.
As for any legal issues concerning Robert Hoffman, in my view any lawsuit by Kate would be seen as a frivolous claim in my view. The man is a journalist and wrote what he saw and culled data from many interviews from others. He also reported on Kate’s own words. He did not break into her home and steal her hard drive. He did not do anything illegal or nefarious.
He did what many resourceful journalists and lots of detectives have done- look into the person’s trash to find discarded information about them. What Hoffman found was a goldmine in the garbage Kate Gosselin, herself, threw away outside and left to be picked up. If she didn’t want any of her own words out, she needed to invest in and use a shredder as that is what they are for . In addition, she needed to hire someone to erase her hard drive if she wanted to trace left of what she said.
DISCOVERY and TLC RESPONSIBILITY TO GET KATE OFF THE AIR FOREVER
The two pieces information I did not know that I learned from this book, which was merely reporting Kate’s own words based on her self written journal was that
1. Kate physically abused her children and and
2. She abused her dogs.
For those two reasons alone, I strongly believe TLC MUST NEVER PUT her on a show again or never again be the strong wall behind her that protects her with ridiculous PR Spin and puts her on such shows as Today, Access Hollywood, People Magazine or even the Apprentice to get her back into the limelight so people would watch her special.
This woman in my view needs to be off the air for good. Look what they did to Paula Deen who self admitted she said the N word 30 years ago. They need to do the same to Kate Gosselin. All of those sponsors who support Kate should terminate Kate’s agreements in my view based on these two horrible acts and based on what we saw on the last special of how she treated her children. All the endorsement, speaking engagements and free bees need to stop.
In the book Robert Hoffman pulls out a contract of Kate’s and TLC’s and says how Discovery which owns TLC backed Kate from day one. He seems surprised by this.
As someone who has signed extensive entertainment and sponsorhip contracts myself, I am not at all surprised that Discovery would back Kate for as long as she was useful to them and kept making money.
They would do anything to keep her PR machine going even if it meant discrediting people like child actor activist Paul Petersen who publicly spoke out against Kate and what harm she did to the kids. They would do anything to protect their brand as they proved to Jon Gosselin during his divorce from Kate by tying his hands every which way. If he veered out of line, they made sure he would be sued and essentially left homeless if he did anything against their cash cow and money making machine, Kate.
But now that the cat is out of the bag through this book, Discovery and TLC need to quit Kate Gosselin, especially after the poor ratings on her last special. It is interesting that they realize she is no longer a big deal for them ad their PR machine does not appear to be ramped up very high since Hoffman’s book has been released.
Hoffman says in the book he thinks she is a very mentally sick woman. A very mentally sick woman who can’t seem to get along with anyone from her own parents, sibilngs, relatives, aunts, and uncles, long time babysitters, help, producers, people on DWTS like beloved dancer Tony Dovalani.
Journalist Hoffman and others report her as being, narcissistic, bipolar and a boarderline personality. The reason why Kate has so many haters is because people see her disturbed behavior and don’t like it. The tagline of Kate being the “person you love to hate” to help attract more viewers is exploiting Kate’s alleged mental issues and taunting viewers to dare to watch.
No one loves to hate. People hate Kate because she does things that are hateable like hitting children and abusing dogs. She needs to be off the air permanently for the sake of her kids at least.
Now that the kids are older we can see by their body language they hate to be on the show. Most are not happy being there. In addition they are not talented or charismatic children. They simple average kids, many who are repressed and others who look very sad. The only one who shows life is Mady, but she is angry and depressed all the time. These kids have no business being on air based on that alone.There are too many delightful exciting non sad and non abused kids out there.
Here is what Hoffman says in the book about the responsibility of Discovery, TLC and it’s producers:
“Every producer, crew member or person employed by Discovery/TLC/Figure 8 Films who witnessed any abuse of the Gosselin children bears some responsibility for allowing it to continue and for not reporting it. Every executive who knew about the abuse is responsible.
Everyone who turned a blind eye to the abuse bears some blame. It is probably safe to say that no damning, un-aired Gosselin film where Kate is screaming at, threatening and spanking her children will ever see the light of day.
That unseen film is proof that all the adults who witnessed the abuse, or saw signs that made them strongly suspect abuse, and who could have and should have done something to protect those children, failed them – all because there was a boatload of money to be made off of them. The Gosselin children were nothing more than collateral damage in a business driven by greed, where profit trumps the safety and well-being of our most innocent. The welfare of those children was everybody’s business.”
TLC and Discovery have other successful shows that are quite wonderful and inspiring like The Little Couple, Say Yes to the Dress, the Duggars (who have so much love in that family), and even the Sister Wives who are a rather unique unconventional yet loving family. TLC’s shows about the Amish way of life and even the Gypsy way of life are great as you get a glimpse into this never before seen lifestyle and way of thinking. So they don’t need to showcase a child abuser and an animal abuser.
At first the network made the right decision to see a young family raise multiples. But now that the babies are all grown, it is no longer cute. Instead it is a trainwreck and a nightmare as even indicated by their latest not great ratings from their special.
In my view, this show needed to be off the air much earlier as it was reported by Hoffman that many producers witnessed Kate’s abuse. In my view they need to be held accountable for not doing anything about it. No job is worth keeping when you see a baby being abused.
KATES BRUTAL ABUSE OF THE CHILDREN
After page 127 the book documents Kate’s abuse on the babies. It is a very hard and disturbing read but says it all. It needs to be seen by both the Kate haters and kate lovers so they can decide for themselves in an objective manner. Here are only 16 of actual excerpts of the book about Kate and her abuse:
1. ” Kate spanked 2-year-old babies for doing exactly what 2-year-old babies do and said on air she put a “soaking and dripping wet” Alexis into her crib and left her there until Jon got home, which made her uncaring and inept.“
2. “Kate said that she was instantly so SO angry that she grabbed him and spanked him as hard as she could and thought that she may seriously injure him so she sent him to his crib and whipped him into it very hard! Kate Gosselin said that for the first time she thought she might really lose it and she was glad that she left him in his crib until Jon came home from work. Kate wrote today was the day that she felt like she may really seriously injure a child!”
3. “Kate goes on to pontificate about Collin saying she doesn’t understand him. She says he’s usually kind and caring and tender and nice until his (two-year-old) temper flairs. Kate says she doesn’t like that little Collin doesn’t know how to handle his frustration and anger, but apparently beating him and screaming at him is her way of trying to calm him down and make him understand. Kate then laments that she didn’t even get the chance to have Collin apologize to her because she had other things to do.”
4. “…Collin and that’s when Kate REALLY lost it and pulled Collin up by the hair and spanked them all so hard!!! Kate says she loves them but she was so very angry with them for eating mini M&Ms that were obviously left out where toddlers can get their little fingers on them.”
5. “Kate says that she put them back into their beds for their own safety. Kate saw her father in herself today and she says that really scares her. “
6. “The children just stood there terrified. Then she dragged one of the boys into the bathroom and spanked him five or six times with a large plastic spoon.”
7. “You could hear Kate forcefully whacking the child and the child screaming at the top of his lungs. People told me it happened more than once, but it was off-camera because Kate didn’t want it in the show.”
8.” Kate talks about Aaden’s fifth day of potty training. He had an accident and pooped on the floor. Kate said she screamed at the top of her lungs as she picked him up. She spanked him after the clean up because, as she says, they are not dogs and Kate felt that five days was more than enough time for a two-year-old boy to become potty trained.”
9. Think about these words from Kate’s journal:
“I spanked them so hard!!!!”
“I felt like I may hurt his children.”
“I grabbed him and spanked him as hard as I could and thought I may seriously injure him.”
“I was out of control.”
“Now read them again, and picture six tiny children in nothing but diapers, being brutally spanked by their enraged and clearly out-of-control mother. That is not a loving parent disciplining her children. That is violence and abuse. And remember – these are the things that Kate was comfortable documenting in her journal as source material for possible inclusion in her book, I Just Want You To Know – Letters To My Kids On Love, Faith, and Family. These are normal, everyday occurrences in the Gosselin children’s lives. These are things that Kate was prepared to share with the world if an editor at Zondervan hadn’t gotten his or her hands on them first.”
10. “After more than 30 minutes of Collin sitting, trying to go potty, Kate turns the light out on Collin, leaving him alone to sit in the dark on the potty, and telling him, “Don’t get up ’til there’s pee in there. Understand?”
11. “She actually yelled at her twin daughters in front of the cameras for coming down to the kitchen a few minutes early, before their scheduled 6:03 morning kitchen entrance time. The poor girls looked dejected and beat down as they were belittled and sent away…for the television audience’s viewing enjoyment.”
12. “Kate was given the bottle of water, unscrewed the cap, and took a sip. She then put the bottle down on the floor next to her chair without offering any to a clearly distressed Mady. Mady pleaded, “I need a drink now.” Kate told her to “Be quiet.” Mady then said, “You’re really, really mean! You drank it right in front of my face.”
13. “After her divorce from Jon, Kate was caught on video violently spanking two of the boys in the driveway of their home, the moment they got out of the van from returning from an overnight with Jon. The other children just watched in fear as the spanking took place, perhaps not knowing if they were next. I later found out the reason for the beating was because the boys told Kate they wanted to stay longer at Jon’s house because they were having too much fun. Kate now promises the children presents and trips to Toys R Us for toys if they tell Jon that they don’t want to go to his house.The paparazzo who shot the video didn’t release it because he shot it from private property.“
14. “Beating or spanking her children isn’t the only way Kate gets her message across to them. Kate recently pushed one of the boys outside in below-freezing temperatures without his coat, gloves or hat for fifteen minutes because the boy didn’t close the door all the way when he came inside from playing in the snow. The child was screaming and crying and banging on the doors all around the house. His face was bright red from being so cold when Kate finally allowed him to come back into the house.”
15.”Kate Gosselin had one babysitter who would actually administer her own beatings to the Gosselin children at Kate’s direction when she was away. The sitter was given the authority by Kate to carry out Kate’s way of ‘teaching’ the children for even the smallest of infractions. This included spanking the children, withholding meals from the children and locking the children in a room for hours at a time. This same sitter was told by Kate to lock one of the boys in the bathroom for her entire shift because he left splashes of water on the sink and floor without toweling it off.“
16. “On one occasion, one of the boys was punished for having Shoka in the basement when he was supposed to be outside. Shoka had an accident by the door and Kate was so enraged that she brought the boy down to the basement and screamed at him while showing him the mess. To show her complete domination of the child, she grabbed him by the back of his neck and forced his face down to within inches of the mess, trying to rub his face in it. He struggled and resisted and ended up with only a spanking instead” of a face-full of dog feces.”
KATE’S ABUSE OF THE DOGS
Kate also abused the dogs as Hoffman documents from these actual quotes from his book:
1, “The Gosselin dog’s normal wasn’t much better. In fact, it was very similar to the children’s normal. That’s why they were sent away after only a short time as being ‘part of the family.’
2.”Both Gosselin dogs, Shoka and Nala, were abused by Kate during the separation and divorce when Jon was away from the house. Kate treated the dogs and the kids in the same manner but the dogs resisted and ‘fought back.’ Kate would use a stick, a spoon, a tube or whatever else she had handy to discipline the dogs for minor infractions that dogs commit, like tracking mud into the basement after being brought in from being outside in the pouring rain and…mud.”
3. “If Kate got growled at by one of the dogs for hitting them for minor animal infractions, she would banish them to the outdoors overnight. She talked to them like people and thought she could reason with them. She locked them outside in the freezing rain and snow and left them to watch the family through the basement windows. One freezing cold night, she sadistically went to the glass door where the female dog Nala was howling to come inside and she smiled and waved to her and told her how warm it was inside and that maybe she’ll think about her actions so she could come back in the following morning. She got down on the floor to pet Shoka who was laying by the door looking out at poor Nala. Kate Gosselin is cruel and she seems to enjoy the power that she has over children, animals and adults.”
If the book did not include Kate’s own words from her own diary she herself discarded, you might be suspect about someone trying to do a smear job on Kate.
But the truth of the matter is that she said these horrible things. You cannot deny that or make any excuse for it like she was in a bad mood or spin it that those were thoughts she never meant. They were in her computer on her own hard drive and who else would write them, let alone have access to her computer? Even worse we all saw her do many of these horribly abusive things to her kids on TV, many of which I reported in my previous blogs.
Kate has done enough damage to the kids and by TLC and Discovery airing her show or doing anymore specials they are contributing to the demise of these children’s already poor self esteem as we already just saw with Mady and Cara. Collin and other children had school issues where they were abusive to teachers. They clearly learned this Toxic behavior from an abusive mother just as Kate reported in the book she learned it from her own abusive father.
These children DO NOT need to be used to be on TV for Kate’s narcissistc gain. The network needs to stop it effective immediately. She has earned enough money – millions upon millions of dollars and there are trust funds for each child that she never has to worry about their education. She never has earn money on TV again.
This abusive, non generous,mean spirited, bullying, greedy, manipulative, self absorbed, woman who essentially took fertility drugs had six children at once and became famous by using her her kids to be in the media no longer has a place in the media for her egregious actions as far as I am concerned.
Essentially she is nobody without those kids. She has nothing to offer or redeeming qualities as far as I am concerned. Reading Kate’s own words and witnessing her actions will make everyone a hater who with any sense of decency and compassion realize that they could never support or promote a woman who beats children, abuses teenagers as we just saw in her special, and abuses dogs.
If you say the N word, show racism as Kate has also done as reported in the book based on her own words, and abuse children and animals based on her own words and eyewitness reports, you need to be finished as a public entity and be removed from the public eye.
I for one can no longer look at Kate without disgust and revulsion for hitting those babies for such minor infractions like soiling their diapers and for abusing those innocent dogs. I will not play “the emperor” or “empress” has new clothes” when all can see the naked truth about this TOXIC WOMAN.