After reading the report from Lt.Tammi Unser at the correctional facility which described what Casey did when she watched the television report concerning Caylee’s remains, it is apparent to me that Casey’s body language spoke volumes about what she knew about Caylee and whether or not she was guilty.
1, Casey falls into the chair. She is obviously weak in the kness here and is physically unbalanced as she falls instead of sits in the chair .
2.She began doubling over and begins to breathe rapidly. This is a telling signal in that it means that her autonomic nervous system is taking over. She can no longer control her breathing.
3.She asks for her belly chains to be loosened as she felt they were too tight. In essence her abdominal are is working overtime as she begins hyperventilating. Thus the air in her abdominal area expands and makes her feel like the chains are getting tighter. No doubt she also felt pressure in her stomach region as she quickly realized that she could no longer get away with her lies .
4.She lifted her head up and leaned back in the chair, however her eyes were closed. The lifting up of her head was an automatic reaction to open the airway to get some air into her system.The leaning back in the chair was a type of resignation that she was now caught. The fact that her eyes were closed is very significant. It says that she didn’t want to see or acknowledge what she allegedly did to Caylee. It was a form of denial on her part.
5. She stated Oh No when she learned the location on the news and that it was the body of a small child. At this point no one knew that it was a little girl’s body. The fact that she didn’t say” I hope it;s not Caylee” or something to that effect says a lot. A simple Oh No may likely reflect ”Oh No I’m busted” or ”Oh No how could they find her?
6. Began pulling at arm and fidgeting with hands says it all, This is not only a signal of deception This is often a signal of guilt and self mutilation when someone is found out. Pulling and wringing of the hands usually signifies that someone is extremely worried about something.
7.She said she wanted to speak to her attorney. If someone wasn’t guilty about something and simply distraught about thinking a found body might be their daughter’s body, why wouldn’t they immediately want to speak with a mental health professional as opposed to their attorney? One would want to confide in a person who has the ability to comfort them and help them cope with a potential loss? But no. Casey wanted to speak with Jose Baez. She wanted her attorney because she knew that the finding of the body and where it was found required the help of an attorney, not a psychologist.
8. She continued breathing rapidly and fidgeting with her hands when talking to him. (Dr, Branch) Here is where you see how the body doesn’t lie. Her autonomic nervous system has taken over and is in full force with the rapid breathing and uncontrollable nervous hand gestures and movements.
9. She assured both of us she would not hurt herself. Of course Casey would not think of hurting herself. She is too much of a narcissist and a coward. She said hurting herself would not solve anything.Here we see how she is for the first time coming to grips with the reality that she must now have to deal with the problem of Caylee’s remains being found. She did ask of she could get a sedative to relax. Here we see how Casey is thinking about Casey first and foremost. She feels uncomfortable and doesn’t like that feeling so she wants to numb herself. She is in fear and wants something to calm her fears so she does’t have to deal with that emotion.
11.It was too early to cry and she was not going to break down. What???? To early to cry???? If someone was distraught about the possibility that the body that was found was her child, they couldn’t stop crying! They would be inconsolable. The fact that she used the words too early to cry screams manipulation. If anything points to Casey being a sociopath, this is it! She is devoid of any true or real emotion.
11, She appeared to have red eyes from crying. Her breathing was normal No doubt if Casey was crying any real tears those tears were for herself and not for Caylee. She was most probably crying about what was going to happen to her.On the other hand, maybe she had no tears. After all she was not actually seen crying by Lt. Unger based on how Casey was positioned. So perhaps Casey was doing her old “stick her finger in in eyes to make them red and wipe away the non tears act “which we saw so often in the courtroom. Why did she suddenly conjure up some red eyes? After all there were no tears initially. If someone really loved a child and had an inkling the child found may have been theirs, they would surely shed real genuine tears. They would keep shedding those liquid tears and would not stop shedding them. They wouldn’t just have red eyes.
12 Her stomach no longer hurt and she didn’t feel like throwing up.Of course not. Her ice cold system was back to it’s normal state. Her autonomic nervous stem was no longer on active duty. Most people would still feel queasy or uneasy if they thought it was their child who was found. They would feel enraged that someone could do something like that to a child who could be theirs. Their stomach would be in knots. But not case;s stomach. She was fine. Maybe Jose reassured her that he would save her and that there was no evidence that she killed Caylee and that they would have to prove it for her to be guilty. So she no doubt felt like she was going to get away with everything.
13. She asked if she could take a shower which she was given. She felt calmer after her shower. Of course she felt calmer. She in essence washed away her sins. When a sexual predator says that they took a shower or washed themselves off, chances are they are guilty. They are washing away the evidence and their guilt. Similarly Casey’s request for a shower and washing away her guilt over allegedly killing Caylee is quite symbolic.
14. Her eyes appeared red however she had a calm demeanor Please tell me how you can have red eyes from all that crying and still have a calm demeanor. You cant! You can only have a calm demeanor when you are not crying real tears but you are sticking your fingers in your eyes or rubbing them a lot. the calm demeanor is disconcerting, True she took a sedative. But even so, there is no calmness if you thought the child you loved so much was murdered by someone else.
To me this report says a great deal. It says that Casey cannot feel real feelings. It says that she may indeed show signals which reflect her upset about being found out about allegedly killing Caylee. It shows that she is manipulative and that her main concern is about self. It would be very interesting to see Dr. Brand the mental health professional’s report and the report from Ms. Pat. I wonder what she said to them and how she looked and sounded when she said what she said to them. www.drlillianglass.com