When someone cannot make eye contact during a 6 part interview,
when they cry alligator tears with no liquid coming out of their eyes in a 6 part interview,
when the recovery time of an alleged crying breakdown is too quick with milliseconds in length,
when someone inappropriately laughs,
and shows duping delight,
and suddenly pulls their nose.
and when I hear:
b. too much information ( re which hands were chained and tucking in her chain on the freeway so someone would stop)
c. too many convenient explanations like why it would make sense for 2 women to be the abductors as opposed to 2 men when questioned by the reporter) and when
d. things that are too coincidental ,like the balloon launch and her conveniently re-appearing at Thanksgiving.
it makes me concerned that something about this case and this entire story is amiss. It makes me question if we have all been hoodwinked and whether this is a hoax. I am not saying it is a hoax. I am not accusing anyone of it being a hoax. I am just questioning it.
Here is why I am concerned:
- Thanksgiving being mentioned too many times. The fact that Keith mentioned Thanksgiving several times ( how it was Thanksgiving day and his phone rang, and how Sherri had a conversation with law enforcement about Thanksgiving etc.) Could this have been a hoax and a plan by the couple for Sherri to be “released” by Thanksgiving. Maybe maybe not. Maybe it was a coincidence.
2. Seeing the photos of the couple.
There were too many posed and professional photos like the one of him lifting her up in the air like a ballerina and her looking directly into the camera with his eyes closed, looking away from her. It is a posed photo that is disturbing to me in light of the circumstances. It shows a man who is in control of his wife as you can see in the second black and white photo where he is seen engulfing her with his arm. Are these people with bigger dreams than being a housewife and a salesperson?
3. Keith being Too In Control. Keith was indeed was in control during the interview as he volunteered up way too much information, some which was contradictory. For instance ,Sherri is allegedly bruised and battered and fragile, yet he is able to get on the floor with her and the kids for a family hug, which he revealed at the end of the interview. That seemed odd to me.
4. No Photo of Sheri Post Trauma. Why wasn’t there photo of how Sheri looked after her alleged ordeal? If she was too vain, why wasn’t she shown in silhouette or why didn’t we just hear her voice? Why was Keith the only one speaking for her when it was her ordeal? If she was shown perhaps more people wuld have seen for themselves what happened to her.
5. Control Freak Keith ? The next thing that concerns me is Keith is way too much in control of this situation, which may possibly indicate to many people that perhaps he may have had something to do with the situation. He allegedly doesn’t call his wife, but instead uses an app to track her phone’s location . This indicted to me that he may be the type of control freak husband who may go to extremes to track his wife. He either doesn’t trust her and has to check up on her regularly or he is a control- freak abuser type man.No matter what- this is a huge red flag to me.
6. Phone App. He used the phone app and said she was at the mailbox a mile away. He said he got into HER car and drove to the mailbox. Why did he drive her car not his car? And again why drive anywhere? Why not call her? For someone who doesn’t bother to call his wife’s phone, he sure makes a lot of other calls like to his mom and to his kid’s daycare center. Is he calling them to set up an alibi? He called the school to ask when Sherri picked up the kids and they told him the kids were there. Were the kids conveniently left there? Did he go get the kids immediately? Did he feel relieved the kids were safe? He didn’t mention that. Instead, he said his family members stepped up and took care of them and he was happy they did that.
7. Selfishness? And from the interview I gathered he perhaps may be a selfish type of man. He said he was glad she was found because he didn’t want to raise his kids alone without her. When asked if he was concerned the kidnappers were out there and if they could do it to someone else, he said no, he was just glad she was back. That is the wrong answer. If someone is kidnapped and returns, one has a concern that the kidnappers are still on the loose. So that is another thing that makes me and others question things. Also the fact that he said NO he was wasn’t concerned was upsetting to many.
8. Sherri’s Neatly Found Phone? He leaks out telling information as he volunteers he wasn’t looking for a phone, he was looking for Sherri. That is odd. Wouldn’t Sherri be with her phone? Then he conveniently finds her iphone off the side of the road, with the cords neatly placed on the face of the phone. He seems to be a neat freak type of guy as we saw how neat his house looked . So if that is his pattern, did he neatly place the phone there? Also his taking a photo of the phone is very peculiar to me personally. Was he setting up an alibi or offering proof that he had nothing to do with the alleged kidnap by “finding” her phone and talking photos to prove it? Why didn’t he wait for law enforcement to do that and to look for tire tracks or something else that may give a clue. The hair on the phone cords was also too obvious to me.It appeared like it got ripped from her head. Those cords are plastic or silicone, so hair wouldn’t usually stick to it so neatly. Also there is visible proof of long strands of hair on the cord and then he says her hair was cut off by the abductors. This shows there is some charge about the hair.This may or may not be of concern.
9. “Taken” ? Also he keeps using the word “taken” too many times, He doesn’t say “kidnapped “or “abducted ,but” taken” To me that may be telling. Also he never mentioned that he was concerned at her being alive or whether someone killed her. He was just concerned that she was “taken.”
10. Attention and Laughing. He also seems to love attention as we gleaned from the interview. He smiled readily when he said he wanted the marines and a swat team to find his wife. He even laughs at this. This is very indicative of someone who may crave attention. In addition, he said he was glad the neighbors and the “world” was looking for her. As he said this his eyebrows raised and he smiled in delight. When he said “everyone in the whole world is looking for her right now” he laughs like he is enjoying the notoriety that everyone in the world is looking for his wife. His laugh may have possibly indicated duping delight to me that he was thrilled the world got involved .
Also when his son asked him if he was looking for his mother, Keith treats it lightly and laughs. He makes light of it when it is not a laughing matter. In fact to a little boy, it is a very serious matter. He then says to his son “were gonna find her and get her back”. How can he be sure he is going to get her back unless he knows this for sure, or it is a set up? We don’t know this for sure.
11. Shoulder Shrug? He said in the interview he was ” gonna do everything he can” to find his wife, but he shrugs his shoulders. This is often a signal of deception. Why was he shrugging his shoulders?
12. Not Concerned if She is Dead or Alive? Then he says something revealing in my view. He doesn’t ask is she is alive or dead . Instead he asks “is she hot, is she cold, are they feeding her.” Who thinks like that unless he knows that it is a “they” and not one person. Did he know the “they” he is referring to ? Did he know what happened? Did he set it up? Did he pay for someone to torture her but not kill her? That is just speculation . Did he know she was live? Is that why he wondered how she was being treated.? Why did he use those terms?
13. EGO? Then we see he has a pretty big ego and it also validates he may possibly in control over Sherri as his main thought, which is off and most revealing, is ” I thought of her screaming my name and me not being there.” WHAT??? If someone is kidnapped why would you think they would be screaming your name? Is he subconsciously revealing that she may be screaming his name because she may know he is behind this? Why would he think she was screaming his name? It is too odd a statement to overlook.
14. Not Finishing Though About Birds? He then says he sees birds and he is thinking of birds. He doesn’t say he saw birds and thought there may be a dead body around the birds and that the body could be his wife. So that is very odd to to me as well.MOst people would think of a dead body if the person was missing for so long.
14. Relationship With Son. His relationship with his 4 year old is very disturbing. He allegedly tells his 4 year old that mommy is missing after a few weeks. A 4 year old is pretty sharp. Wouldn’t they ask and wonder where their mother was all that time? Then the cockamaymie story about the boy seeing his mother and telling her she is not supposed to cry when she is happy is absurd to me in my view. What was also telling was that he says the boy was in his arms while she held Violet the 2 year old.I also dont buy the story that the son is looking at a poster of his missing mom with his hand on her face and tears in his eyes. A 4 year old would have tears rolling down his face, not tears in his eyes. Wouldn’t he ask about mommy before a few weeks?
15. Makeshift Violet. And speaking of Violet, way too much information was being revealed when Keith relayed that Sherri rolled up a rag or some cloth when she was allegedly in captivity and cradled it and called it Violet. To me that sounds indicative of a psychotic breakdown or perhaps is it something he or she made up? Who knows what really happened?
16. Defensiveness. His defensiveness is also cause for concern. Police said in the presser , they don’t know if it is or isn’t an abduction. Keith is defensive as he says ” I know she was taken. My family knows she was taken” as he smiles a duping delight smile. How does he KNOW she was taken when Law enforcement isn’t sure she was taken?
17. Sister and Sister in Law. Her sister and his sister, they didn’t seem to be too emotional when discussing Sherri going missing. That may or may not seem relevant.
18. Polygraph and Nose Pulling? What was also very telling to me was that he took a polygraph. Polygraphs can be manipulated as that is why they aren’t admissible in a court of law.Is he possibly a sociopath as they can often beat a polygraph. He may also not be directly involved and may have convinced himself of that. But to me what was telling was when the reporter asked if during the polygraph they asked “did you have anything to do with her disappearance?” While he said no problem, he shakes his head and pulls his nose, which to me indicates his autonomic nervous system is working overtime and that there is some charge on what he may or may not know.Also who did the polygraph test? What were the results? A polygraph is non infallable.
19. Too Detailed? He gets way too detailed as he talks about her taking off the bag over her head and having no idea where she was, shrugging his shoulders as he says this. Also how was she so close to a freeway? I wondered how she knew the freeway was nearby. He then says she screamed so hard she coughed up blood. That would be the opposite. You wouldn’t be able to speak if you screamed so hard . Coughing up blood may be due to lung issues or intestinal issues or may be due to her starving for 22 days. In working with so many people with vocal conditions too much screaming results in a loss of voice not blood.
20. Making It About Him. As he talks about her bumps and bruises and her losing 15 percent of her body weight he says he hugged her for 20 minutes and then felt nauseous. Again he makes it about him- his nausea at looking at her.He should not have said this as if she sees this it will make her feel worse than she already must be feeling.
21. Vague about Branding .Also he was very vague about the branding and until pressed by the reporter he wanted everyone to assume it was on her face but later admitted it wasn’t on her face, when he was essentially called on it.What wasn’t he upfront about it?
22. Slow Speech. What also was telling was that he was searching for words when he said very very slowly “it made me sick that there are people out there who could do do something like this” all said with non-tears.
23. Hispanics Wearing Masks for 22 Days. What else is suspicious to me is that there was a black SUV and one woman had curly black hair while the other had straight black hair with some gray in it and bushy eyebrows as their faces were always covered. I don’t buy that. They had covered faces for 22 days? No way. And to boot they didn’t speak English. Apparently they cut off her hair. Why would they do that unless there was a personal vendetta. It is way too personal an act. Also wouldn’t they feed her to keep her alive so they could get money for her? Wouldn’t they show some compassion if she was a mother, especially if they were mothers or the 2 Hispanic women were mother and daughter. How come they didn’t kill her? Could the truth be that there were no Hispanic women?
24.Too Quick Answer for Being 2 Women Opposed to 2 Men. He also has too quick an answer when he says it makes sense that his wife would go with two women who asked for help as opposed to two men. If she didn’t see their faces , how were these women driving with a bandana or a mask? Why would Sherri offer to help or get into their car if she never saw their faces. Then these women allegedly drove 2 1/2 hours and she never sees their faces then or afterwards for for 22 days. This makes me even more suspicious. Is this a hoax?
based on my body language and communication observations I question a lot of things. Are they both in on it or she did it alone? If she did it , was to get back at her control-freak husband? Was it a cry for help on her part.? And yes she could have chopped off her own hair, starved herself, punched herself ( like the women who was going to falsely accuse her rich husband of beating her when surveillance camera revealed she was beating herself) or perhaps punched herself using the chain she had with her, and could have even branded herself or she could have gotten the brand earlier before she was allegedly abducted. These are possibilities. If they are in this together then was it for a shot at their 15 minutes of fame and fortune?
A. If it was sex traffickers they wouldn’t want a 30 something year old woman and they wouldn’t starve her, beat her ,or cut her hair off in my view. Otherwise who would have sex with her in that condition? They would release her somewhere when they discovered she was too old and it would be immediately not 22 days later in my view.
B. If it was female sex offenders they usually don’t go for older women. They go for teen boys or girls. There was also no mention of her being around a male so there was no male sex offender in the mix. While sex traffickers are known to brand their victims, did she brand herself or paid to be branded like people are paid to be pierced, before she was allegedly “taken.” Maybe the branding was thrown in to point fingers to sex traffickers and get people to not think about it being a hoax. Again this is speculation but food for thought.
C. No one asked for sex, money, and no one died so is this manufactured?
There also people who are severely mentally ill who create such scenarios. Remember the runaway bride? Remember that Tawyana Brawley? They all said they were beaten and treated horribly when in fact they did it to themselves.
Could all of this high drama kidnapping be a ploy from the couple to make them famous and to get money? Keith in the interview certainly got off on the fame part and people knowing about them and the “world: looking for her as he revealed in his delighted smile.
Were they paid for the interview ( directly or indirectly)? So maybe that is what happened. Maybe not. Nothing else makes sense to me in this case. It is all very confusing.
I hope and pray that it is not a hoax. If it is not a hoax I hope they catch the people that kidnapped her. If it is a hoax then it is a terrible shame.
I also want to say I am not accusing Keith or Sherri of anything. I am not accusing them of this being a hoax. I am merely asking questions which perhaps many people who saw Keith’s performance on 20/20 might ask.