Oftentimes different magazine, internet, and television show venues will ask me what I think about a particular celebrity or newsmaker’s relationship. They will often present me with a series of photos or videos and ask for my assessment.
Most recently HollywoodLife. com asked me to comment on the relationship between Kate Gosselin and her bodyguard Steve Neild. I gave them my honest assessment based on various tells which I observed. This is only my opinion and my view. I did not personally hang out with Kate or Steve or witness their alleged coziness firsthand.
Apparently there have been documented reports of physical sightings where Kate and her body guard have become rather cozy with legs touching legs. In fact the esteemed Huffington Post reported it.
I stated in the Hollywoodlife.com blog that that Kate seemed to fancy her bodyguard based on her body language. Steve, on the other hand continued to show professional decorum as you can see in these photos below.
Apparently, the Kate Gosselin lovers and fans on their “Kate Plus Eight Gosselin Family Fansite” were all up in arms and got their panties in a bunch stating that I made up lies to promote myself and to insult Kate. This is not true.
In the first place, I do not need Kate Gosselin to promote myself. I have being doing body language analysis well before there was a Kate Gosselin in the media. As far as insulting Kate is concerned, it was never my thought or intention to insult Kate. I was merely describing my personal body language observations.
Here are some excerpts from the HollywoodLife.com article:
We told you earlier that Kate and longtime bodyguard Steve Neild got cozy while vacationing in Bald Head Island, N.C. during the week of Aug. 9. A shocking eyewitness report from The Huffington Post alleges that the duo were sitting side-by-side, legs touching, on the beach!
Photo #1: “Her head is cocked like she’s interest to know what Steve thinks. He is kind of in control here and she’s not used to that. Look at her toe, they are in sync step wise, and there’s one foot where her toe is facing him — she really likes him. Her shoulders are a little rounded and hunched over meaning she’s being a little subservient. The fact that his hands are in his pockets shows he’s hiding something like he’s hiding what’s going on between them.”
Photo #2: “Look at the way she’s looking at him. It’s like he’s her man servant and she can yell at him. Her foot is directly in the back of him and she’s looking at him like she’s trying to control him and tell him what to do. Kate’s legs are spread wide which means it’s very casual and very very comfortable with this guy … overly comfortable.”
Photo #3: “With her hand on the hip it’s kind of like an arrogant and defiant pose. Her shoulders are rounded again and she’s leaning into him. The distance between them is too close like he’s trying to keep it hidden and professional, but she’s giving it away. It appears in this photo that she likes him more than he likes her with the way he is facing.”
Photo #4: “Her face shows that she’s very happy around him. You never see Kate smile. She’s a step behind him and there’s not a lot of distance between them. They are also in sync again and that indicates she likes him. Again, he has a hand in his pocket which reveals he’s hiding something.
It’s definitely possible they are having an affair. She’s very comfortable around him.”
“POSSIBLE” MEANS POSSIBLE
Notice that I said the word “possible”, I didn’t say they were 100 per cent having an affair , I said “possible”.
Whether you love Kate or not you have to admit that anything is possible, especially when people spend as much time around one another as these two apparently do, with reported adjoining rooms in hotel stays.
I am not saying they are or they are not having an affair as I am not in their room. But I will say that they do look rather cozy in my view.’’
TELLING THE TRUTH AND CLEARING UP FALSE MISCONCEPTIONS AND MISINFORMATION
As a result of this article many Kate supporters, didn’t bother to read what I said exactly but instead, blindly went off half cocked. They looked at a headline which I did not write and made many comments where they tried to minimize my background and education in an attempt to dismiss what I had to say in order to make themselves feel better.
So I decided to address and clarify their issues so there would be no misunderstandings.
Being an open person with nothing to hide, I will address the concerns and comments from the Kate loving fans so they can rest easy.
- What I do in body language analysis has nothing to do with neurolinguistic programming. Body language analysis is both and art in having experience in knowing how to read others and a science based on research concerning specific behaviors which indicate specific meaning.
2. Kate’s alleged “pigeon toedness” that a commenter suggested was not a factor in describing her body language tells with Steve Neild
3. As far as any comments I made regarding the Gosselin kids are concerned, when Jon and Kate were going through their split up, I was a proponent of their speaking with a counselor to help them with the transition, especially since the divorce was so public, ugly and tense.
Kate even publicly stated how it was difficult for the kids and how the kids were acting out at the time. I believed and still believe that seeking the advice of a licensed professional that specializes in treating children who appear to be acting out or undergoing stress, can only help a child.
4. As for my background, I am more than happy to share it with you. I am not a medical doctor – an MD. I do have a PhD in Communication Disorders from the University of Minnesota and a Masters Degree from the University of Michigan in Speech communication. I also have a strong background in the study of psychology although I am not a practicing or licensed psychologist. I have a post doctorate in Medical Genetics from UCLA where I was the only PhD in an MD program where I closely examined structures and behaviors related to specific genetic disorders. My training in this field has been instrumental in terms of my developing my body language reading skills.
I have spent close to three decades doing communication and body language analysis not only for my clients in my private practices, but for the Hollywood community for various films and television shows, as well as using my skills in the law enforcement and legal communities. I have also written numerous books on the topic and lectured around the world.
5. As far as being a Kate Hater is concerned, I do not hate Kate as I have said repeatedly. In fact, I respect that she has numerous mouths to feed and has found a way to earn a living in the media to support her children. I believe that she is indeed very lucky to have a guardian angel like TLC to support her and her family.
6.And finally, I have discovered is that there are lot of Kate fans or shall I say “fanatics” who cannot bear to hear anything they may perceive as negative when it may in fact not be negative at all. To them, I say, take off your blinders and look at what” is”, not at what is the fantasy you created there to be.
If Kate is having an affair with her bodyguard, that is her business. Maybe they spent so much time together and found they had a lot in common. Maybe they fell in love. Maybe he fell out of love with his wife. Maybe he has an open marriage, Only Steve and Kate know this for sure. Like everyone else, Kate certainly deserves love. As I said anything is “possible.” While it is possible that they are an item, it is also “possible” that they are just very cozy close intimate friends. Only time will tell for sure.www.drlillianglass.com